Wednesday 14 December 2011

Youtube it! part 1!

This will be the first post of my new series where I will be recommending short animations from Youtube.com and other places.

The Saga of Bjorn!



Bjorn, an old Viking, is determined to reach Valhalla, the warriors afterlife full of excessive drinking and debauchery. To gain entry he has to die a honourably in battle, but he discovers that the right death isn't so easy.

My comment:
This is by far my favourite animation in the last few years, and the most shocking is that it has been created by final year students at the animation school "The Animation Workshop".
The timing and visual style in this short is amazing, the laughs keeps on coming, even in the more serious parts of it.
The character design really fits everyone of the characters, from the big hulking old Viking to the slim and fast spearman/dragoon.
I only wish the design on the Dwarf was better, he kinda sticks out from the lot of them. But the looks fit the actions of it.
The animation is also really well done, and I do not think I have anything to criticize on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment